Wednesday, August 6, 2008

New Towels

Okay, here's a simple pleasure...new bath towels! I bought a few new towels to match our bathroom when we moved here 8 years ago and they were totally worn out. I've been sick of them for months, they are stringy, stiff, torn, and sometimes they smell funny. I also still have some from our wedding 22 years ago and let me tell you, they are thin. So I bought these wonderfully fluffy yellow and blue towels and wash cloths and I can't wait to use them. Tomorrow, I'm going to take all of the old ones out of the cupboard and have my daughter take them to the animal shelter. I hope she'll be out the door before I decide to use them a little while longer and save the new ones for "good". When my Great Aunt left her home to move to a nursing home she had drawers full of lovely gifts (including towels) that she had never used. So here's my challenge for today. Pull out that stuff you're saving for when company comes or for special occasions only and use it!! Life is too short. Let me know what you did.

2 comments:

Liz Hinds said...

Oh I'm the same with towels! WE have ones in use that are thin and torn round the edges. But there's a familiarity about them that is comforting.

Jeannelle said...

Oh, funny and so true! Why do we all keep towels around until they're threadbare!? I'm the same way.....go for years without buying new towels.