Tuesday, August 5, 2008

What should I do with this ugly crooked thing?


Here's a project I've been working on for the last couple of days. The problem is, that I used all leftovers and scraps and consequently have nothing left matching. Anyone out there have any ideas? I thought about a two color border, but I'm not wild about the choices I have. I also thought about setting in on point with the red in the corners and then adding a green border. Of course I could take it to a quilt shop and buy something that matches better, but then it wouldn't be free stuff from my stash and that was kind of the point.

2 comments:

Liz Hinds said...

The red and the flowery one at the front. They'd make a good border, wouldn't they?

Jeannelle said...

It doesn't look ugly to me. I don't know much abou quilting, but alternating borders of the prints and solids you have on hand might look nice. I think that's a good idea......to use the fabric that you already have.