Friday, August 1, 2008

First Post

Here it is, my very first blog post!! I've been thinking about creating a blog for some time and decided there's no time like the present. I'll probably be blogging mostly about family, my hobby, quilting, and maybe some other items of interest. I'm sure there will be a steep learning curve until I get to the polished looking blog I want. So here goes....

Today one of my quilting friends and I went to our block of the month class and stayed for the little informational session the shop has. Four of us have been going to this class and only have two blocks left until we start again in the fall. It has been a fun way to get at least a little sewing done every month. We usually go out for breakfast after the class, so of course that is fun too. Today was the first time we stayed at the "VIP" session, so we both got a little gift and I got an extra fat quarter for showing the new bag I just made. Maybe I'll try to post a picture of it! It is also the opening day of the Minnesota Quilt Shop Hop, so I got some of the special MN fabric. There are 12 or 13 stores in our region that each are giving away a quilt block and fat quarter with $15 purchase, so we may make another run at some stores next week.

3 comments:

Jeannelle said...

Hi, Nancy!

Congratulations on starting this blog!!

I happened to see your link in my Feedjit box. Its a privilege to be your first commentator!!

Happy quilting and have a wonderful day!

I'll put you on my list!

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Welcome to the blogging world. I clicked over here from Jeannelle's.

What's a fat quarter?

Pat - Arkansas said...

Hi, Nancy! I'm here through Jeannelle's blog! Welcome to blogland! I'm not a quilter, nor much of a seamstress, but I enjoy reading blogs about the craft. I look forward to visiting you often.