Thursday, April 16, 2009

100th Post- Weather, etc.

Well, today's my 100th post. After much thought, I've decided not to do "100 things about me". I hope no one is too disappointed. Maybe I'll save that for the 200th. Anyway, I've enjoyed the blogging thing more than I thought I would and I plan to keep plugging along at it. I appreciated everyone who visits my blog and if you're a lurker, today would be a great day to say "hello". I think I flatter myself that I have any lurkers. I'll also solicit any constructive comments for my blog such as "no one cares about the weather, so quit talking about it all the time" or "quit referring to your family by those stupid initials". I promise I can take it. As an aside, I actually deleted a blog I visited quite frequently when the person went to a new format to be more private and started calling her kids and husband by the stupidest names I'd ever heard. I'm shallow that way. :) I also decided to post a picture of myself for my profile that I don't hate, at least for a few days. I had just finished my diet, was tan, and happy because I cropped Joshua Bell out of the picture. Actually maybe I should just put the picture of Joshua Bell. We went to his concert last summer and it was fabulous by the way. Have a great day and enjoy the weather!!!

PS. Here's week two or three of the greenhouse.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 100! The best advice I have is that a blog is in the end a personal journal of sorts and therefore, write what you want, when you want. Some days lots of folks will be interested, and other days, almost nobody will. The more you court readers (something many of us re subject to) the less authentic you are. Read what you wish, and devote as much time as you wish. Take criticism with a grain of salt, since undoubtedly others would disagree anyway. Mostly enjoy, and let it serve whatever purpose you have. Not everyone blogs for the same reasons or should. Blessings!

Jeannelle said...

Congrats on your 100th post!!! Sherry's comment above is excellent....yes, ENJOY blogging and do it however YOU want.

Your photo is lovely.....I mean YOU are lovely! I'm envious of your slim neck!

Oh, golly, I was at UNI all day and am absolutely exhausted, but had to check the blog quick before I go to sleep.

Nancy said...

Thanks both of you...I'm sure I'll probably keep doing what I'm doing. I guess I'm going with the person journal feeling most of the time. I'm just not that issue oriented although there will probably be things I'll cover from time to time. Luckily I haven't had a lot of criticism yet, but that could change now that I'm a bully. Ha