Thursday, April 23, 2009

Off to Iowa

Just a quick post to say I'm going to Iowa tomorrow to stay with my mom for a few days. She had another fall on the Saturday before Easter and needs someone to be with her for now. My sister has been with her all week, so I'm going down to stay until next Wednesday probably. We hope that she will be doing better by then and will be able to continue just having help a few days a week, but we're looking into different options. I might be checking blogs while I'm there, but I'm not sure since she has dial-up. She also hasn't gotten her tv box hooked up yet for digital, so I may have to try to do that while I'm there. It's like pioneer living-ha. It looks like it will be a beautiful day today, so I've got work, then a baseball game, then bell practice, then packing, so it will be a busy day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nancy, welcome to Iowa. Wherebouts you going to be?

I have dialup being out in the boonies and so you can read blogs! lol...

Jeannelle said...

Nancy....have a safe trip and may all go well at your mom's. Praying for her recuperation and guidance in making whatever decisions are necessary. Hope you can get to the blogs, and find time to relax in between caregiving and hooking up the TV digital box. Good luck! Enjoy the drive....I always enjoy long solitary drives....a good time to think.

Nancy said...

I'll be in the Ft. Dodge area, Gowrie to be exact.Thanks for the good thoughts and prayers!

Jeannelle said...

Hi, Nancy....I don't know if you've had a chance to get online, but just wanted to say I hope all is going well!