Monday, April 20, 2009

What a difference!

TB has his 2nd double header tonight and wow was it cold! I think the wind was 40 miles an hour at some points, so with the temps in the 40's it was pretty frigid. I was thankful for my reheatable seat cushion. It's called a LavaBuns. :) You warm up the inside in the microwave for a few minutes and put it back in the cushion and it stays warm for a long time. That and many layers of blankets and clothing kept me reasonable warm. I was happy when the 2nd game was called for darkness about the same time it started raining again. They won both games, but didn't play that great and made some silly mistakes. I'm sure the weather was a big issue. I know if I were out there I would only be thinking about how cold it was.
********
I'm finally going to the chiropractor tomorrow to see if I can get some relief from this sciatica I've been having for a few weeks. I kept thinking it would get better, but it hasn't, so I decided to go in. If that doesn't work, I guess I'll have to go to the dr., but I'd really rather not spend the money. There are so many things in my life that need money right now that I don't know where to begin. I hope business will pick for DH sometime soon! I'm hoping to find out what my hours for next year will be soon. Many teachers and some other staff are getting laid off and I'm sure para hours will be cut too, but I'm not sure if it will affect me or not. I'm keeping my eye out for another job, having benefits would be so helpful when things like this sciatica flare up.

1 comment:

Jeannelle said...

Oh, that's cute.."LavaBuns"...never heard of that before!

I get what I think is sciatica off and on, too....usually when I've had to spend too much time sitting....like on bleachers at games. If I get in the habit of taking a long walk everyday, it really helps everything feel better. Unless its truly serious pain, I wouldn't waste money on it by going to the doctor. We have huge deductibles, so I go to the doctor as seldom as possible. Try the walking, if possible.

Best wishes in the job situation.