Saturday, April 11, 2009

A busy Saturday

It's one of those days where I need to pack a lot in and here I am sitting at the computer. I need to get to the baking, shopping, and cleaning for the day really soon. We had a nice afternoon and evening yesterday. TB's team won their first game. He didn't get in until the 6th inning, but ended up getting a hit in his one at bat. He was pretty happy to be batting 1.000! Then we rushed to the Good Friday service at church. It was a nice service and rather different than I remember in other years. Anyway, it was meaningful and beautiful. The only detriment was the cell phone going off during the sermon. An older gentleman that let it continue to ring while he walked out, took the call, and then walked back in later in the sermon. Of course all heads turned to watch. There were cell phones going off 3 times the night before. A friendly reminder: Turn off or silence your phone when you're in church! Later in the evening we got together with family friends, so it was kind of a late night.
******
By the way, I'm approaching 100 posts! How shall I commemorate the occasion? I'd welcome any suggestions. Perhaps I'm supposed to wait until my official blogiversary to celebrate?

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Cell phones going off in church continue to be a problem don't they? I really wonder why people are so rude as not to turn them off. Do we really need to be THAT connected? Doctors on call maybe, not many others I would guess.

Some folks do 100 things you don't know about me for their hundreth. I've let all my anniversaries go by unnoted alas...My blog is a somewhere around 13 1/2 months old, and I'm somewhere around post # 354 or so. LOL.

Jeannelle said...

Oh, funny.....I could echo your first sentence right at this moment. Need to start on some dinner rolls....you probably have your rolls done for the Easter breakfast.

Congrats to your son's hit! That's great! My son had a track meet on Maundy Thursday evening. Grr! And, brr....it was cold.

Yesterday morning in church, a cell phone in the row ahead of me went off.....fortunately, it was during a hymn, so hardly noticeable.

I'm approaching my 900th post. Am not trying to brag.....its just a fact. I think you should brag up your 100th post, though....why not!! Its a nice milestone.

Have a wonderful Easter!