Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Spring Cleaning

The weather has been great the last couple of days so I've been hitting the yard work hard. After three trips to the yard waste dump and I feel like things are starting to look a little better. I'd like to get a little more raking done before it rains because I know that with the warm weather we've been having, a little rain would make everything shoot up like crazy. We're starting to see a little green in the grass and some of my perennials are starting to grow. Oddly enough though, when I was raking yesterday I uncovered some areas still frozen with ice. That's Minnesota for ya I guess.
*************
Today is College Son's 20th birthday. Have those years ever gone fast! The weird thing is when he tells me about some of his college experiences, it seems like just yesterday that I was doing some of the same things. I really envy the new parents today that are able to document their kids lives so completely and easily with blogs, facebook, etc. To think about that when my son was a baby I had to take a photo with a film camera, get the film developed, then remember to mail the photos out to people so they could see him. A friend just got a new grandson the other day and immediately had a picture of him sent to her on her phone. Pretty amazing. Anyway I hope he won't kill me for this, but here's a picture of him from when we dropped him off at school in the fall.











3 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Hi Nancy,

I wanted to thank you for visiting my blog the other day and leaving a comment. Sorry I was late to return the visit.

I'm hoping to get out and do some of that spring cleanup this weekend.

And I hope your son has a great birthday.

Jeannelle said...

Wonderful photo....birthday boy looks to be a fine fellow!

Isn't it nice to have the warm weather here at last! You're right, everything will green up quickly once we get some rain. Last night on the news they were warning people not to start trash fires because the ground conditions are very dry....seems strange for April.

Nancy said...

Thanks for stopping by you two! It looks like we'll have some rain this weekend which will be nice.