Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My Professional Greenhouse


Well finally I have a profession; I'm a professional gardener as is shown by the fact that I own a professional greenhouse. Don't worry, I'm not starting out with too much overhead. My business sense tells me I should start small and grow from there. (Pun intended) Seriously, I can't believe it was only a few days since I planted these seeds and they've already started to grow. I talked to a gardening coworker and he tells me his petunias already have four leaves, so I'm a little behind, but I think I'll catch up by planting time. I have petunias, impatiens, and allysum and I also got some basil and oregano seeds last night to plant. I wish I had room for a real garden, but our yard is much too shady for anything but a few container grown plants. I hope these little ones will make it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely blog Nancy. I'll follow you for sure. I'm a quilter from time to time, but seldom find a lot of time for it. But I do admire all crafters. My blog used to cover crafts and cooking a lot more than it does now. I basically stick with politics and religion and whatever nutsy stuff crosses my mind. Hope you come by again. I'll add you to my reader!

Jeannelle said...

Very interesting! So they are little sacks of potting soil that you plant the seeds into. Cool. Then you can plant the sack right in the ground? Or maybe not. It looks like fun to watch the little critters grow. Hope you will update with photos as the plants grow!

Jeannelle said...

We recently received an email from a relative stationed in Iraq. He included a photo of his "garden".....it looks very similar to your "professional greenhouse"! His parents sent it over to him.

Nancy said...

Thanks feather (sorry I don't know your name yet) Hope you keep stopping by. I hope to have some more craft work to show soon.

Jeanelle- I said professional greenhouse because that's what it said on the box. They're sold at Wal-Mart, so his could be the same thing. I think I'll be able to plant them with the netting still around them. The petunias and impatiens are sprouting today, so watch for more pics.